Safe Snack Survival Snacks need to be:
1) At least somewhat nutrient dense/healthy
4) Fill you up and stabilize your blood sugar (higher in fiber and/or protein is great here)
5) Taste good---let's not waste time trying to tell ourselves to eat it because its good for us when we don't like it. We'll go for the chips every time.
6) Single servings
Here's the survival stash that works for my husband and I:
- Kashi TLC dark chocolate coconut fruit and grain bars
- Archer farms 100% fruit organic fruit leathers, pomegranate
- All Bran multi-grain crackers---1 ounce portions packed in sandwich bags
- Emerald almonds, 1/2 ounce packages, plain and I love the cocoa covered!
- Wheat Thins, multi-grain--1 ounce portions in bags
- Dried Cherries, 1 ounce in bags
Remember, it's survival of the fittest...
Let us know what's in your safe snack survival stash!?