Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Little Gift List for a Healthier You!

I don't know about you, but I have been getting lots of questions lately as to what I want for Christmas. Yes, I know many of you are already done shopping, but my husband and kids usually wait to get in on all the fun and excitement of the last minute shopping for just the right gifts, probably due to a good dose of busy schedules and procrastination. Of course, I do the shopping for most everyone, and they just shop for 1 or 2 people, but let's not get into that!

It occurred to me that it would be good to come up with a list of gifts that would make reaching our health goals easier, or at least more fun. I will definitely need your help on this one. I'll begin the list, and you send in your ideas. Ready?

Wish List of Gifts For A Healthier You:

For Fitness...
  1. Pedometer
  2. Pedometer or heart monitor watch
  3. BPA-free water bottle
  4. Nintendo Wii
  5. Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus
  6. Fitness Video
  7. Yoga mat
  8. YakTrax---ice traction slip-ons (Mine work great!)
  9. Work out journal
  10. Hand weights
  11. Gym membership
  12. Sessions with a trainer
  13. IPod or other MP3 player
  14. ITunes gift card
For Nutrition...
  1. Healthy cookbook
  2. Potted fresh herbs
  3. Spices/spice blends
  4. Special vinegars
  5. Nice olive oil
  6. Good knives
For Food Intake Control...
  1. Food journal diary
  2. Colored pens to write in your diary & stickers for encouragement
  3. Food scale (digital ones are best)
  4. Colorful measuring cups and spoons
  5. Body weight scale
Simply for Your Mental Health...
  1. Gift certificate for a massage
  2. Gift certificate for pedicure/manicure
  3. Gift certificate for facial or any other spa treatment
  4. Gift certificate for baby sitting
Remember, the greatest gift you can give yourself is the Gift of Caring for You...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb!
    I just found your blog from the link in your recent Cranberry Nut Bread recipe. Look at you, all up on technology and what not!!! I am so proud of you! I started a blog back in January and have lots of WW recipes. The address is http://toteslife.blogspot.com. In the right margin is a list of all my "tags" including one for Weight Watchers.

    I look forward to reading your blog!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you on, Katie. You've got a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you liked this post, have a question, want to add a comment or two, or even if you'd just like to say, "Hi!" Taking a minute to write in can really help others out there and make this blog even more fun for everyone!