Stop. Let that self-talk go. It's easier to make excuses and play the helpless victim. It's harder to find time to do what needs to be done to take care of yourself and lose weight. Healthy cooking and exercise take time and commitment. But, that's the real path to successful, healthy, weight loss that stays off.
Want to be a success with weight loss? Time to give those big girl/boy panties a big tug upward!!
- Remember that with each situation that arises, you have a choice as to how you will react.
- Prioritize your wellness needs. If you don't, it's easier & easier to be the helpless victim, eating unhealthy foods and becoming a sedentary couch potato.
- The more frequently you see your own actions as being controlled by other people or situations, the more you relinquish your own power of decision making.
- You always have a choice. Yes, you can eat 2 pieces of pie because Aunt Bess made it just for you, feel stuffed, and feel guilty. Or you could have a small slice and tell her how wonderful it is, and how full you are. Choices.
- Allow no food, person, or situation to have the power to make you eat.
- No one determines your values or priorities except you.
- Make the best choice you can at the moment. Breathe. Relax. Move on to the next choice...