- Start with a nice squash, heavy for it's size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Cut the squash in half, and scoop out all the seeds and stringy stuff.
- While baking, take 1 small apple.
- Core it, leaving peel attached, and roughly chop.
- Add 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey, optional
- Add a dash or 2 of nutmeg, optional
- Stir together
- When squash has cooked 30 minutes, turn over
- Divide apple mixture evenly into squash cavities
- Bake for another 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy every bite!
- I certainly did!
122 calories, 0.3 g fat, 4.8 g fiber, 2 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate
Counts as 2 Units Healthy Starch & 1/2 fruit