Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Ahead With a Positive Attitude

m_barstosh
Beautiful. As daylight saving time greeted us this morning, the weather did a quick turn around. Practically perfect in every way: 63 degrees and sunny all day. Even though our winter was milder than the norm, it still felt long, dark and closed in. A day like today brings with it a refreshing, renewing attitude that we need to really take advantage of.

My husband and I took our 8 year old yellow lab on a 2 mile walk in the park today. Nothing matches the enthusiasm of a dog checking out new territory with fresh scents everywhere! As I walked along the path and felt the sun on my face, I couldn't help but smile. So many people were out walking, running and playing. Many, many more people than I saw while walking all winter long, and they were smiling, chatting and enjoying every step.  We must have seen a dozen or more happy dogs trotting along side their owners. Happy, active beings. Good, healthy stuff.

A change in weather can change your attitude and your actions. When I was done with today's walk in the park,  I felt healthy, happy, and ready to take on the world...well maybe not the entire world. The rest of the day was a day filled with a positive attitude, healthy foods, water and all things good. This is the way it usually works for all of us...

Start tomorrow with one positive action toward your health goal. Drink a glass of water before your coffee, walk during your coffee break, or choose a big apple instead of those chips. Absorb how good that feels. Now watch how the next step toward a positive action is easier. It's a trickle down effect: one positive action spurs on another, and another, and another.

Be in charge of your attitude. Do something positive for your health and watch what it does to your attitude. As Charles Swindoll said, "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you liked this post, have a question, want to add a comment or two, or even if you'd just like to say, "Hi!" Taking a minute to write in can really help others out there and make this blog even more fun for everyone!