Once again, the meeting ran long. Everything was crazy all day long. At this point you are so exhausted and there is really no time to prepare a good healthy meal anymore. Drive through or pizza tonight. No choice. Or is there?
One reader sent in a great idea, asking that we share some ideas for healthy meals that we can throw together in under 10 minutes. This is the ultimate challenge! We need some protein, fruits/veggies, whole grains, and maybe a little healthy fat to round out our meal. Are you ready?
Question: What is your "go to" meal when you have to make dinner in a flash and you still want it to be healthy?
Reader krispy kreme's 5-minute meal:
- rotisserie chicken
- bag of steam in the bag frozen veggies
- Uncle Ben's 90 second brown rice
Loaded Bean Burritos are a quick meal for us:
- whole grain soft tortillas
- canned fat-free refried beans, zapped in microwave until hot
- low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded dark leafy lettuce
- sliced olives or tomatoes, if I have them
- plain Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream
Roll it up & eat!
What are your "GO TO" QUICK MEALS for healthy dinners in a flash?